*EMERGENCY* 24 Hour Rap-A-Thon Fundraiser
Yesterday I was in St. Louis with my friend K, and basically her car got broken into and all our bags got stolen. In our bags were not only ipods, wallets and sentimental things that we will never replace, but also both our Macbooks. Being that we’re two people who earn a living on Internets, and being that I make music with my laptop, perform from my laptop, and use my laptop to, well, make any and everything that has to do with Adam WarRock, and being that macbooks is expensive, I’m kind of SOL right now.
So we’re going to do something I’ve always wanted to do. We’re going to do a 24 Hour Rap-A-Thon
HOW DOES A 24 HOUR RAPATHON WORK?
1. On Friday, August 24, 2012, I will wake up and sign online and timestamp myself.
2. For the next 24 Hours I will make as many songs as I can from complete scratch. No pre-writing, no pre-beat finding, nothing. Just fresh and new, me making music off the dome.
3. As fast as I can make the music, I will throw it up online for everyone to enjoy in real time.
4. People can pledge in two ways: one, a lump sum donation. But c’mon, the more fun way: you pledge a dollar amount per song that I will finish in 24 Hours. After the 24 Hours is over, I will invoice you via paypal to pay the amount (you are free to set a cap on your donation).
5. After the 24 Hours is done, I will burn a Rap-A-Thon CD with all the music made during this day, and send a signed copy and some free swag to everyone who pledges any amount. K has also agreed to make you something too.
6. My friend K will be blogging and tweeting this whole event in real time at @WarRockRapathon. We are working on possibly getting a uStream video up on the site.
7. We are seeking to raise enough money to replace our laptops, which is basically in the vicinity of $2,000. Any and all money raised over that amount will be donated to RAINN, the nation’s largest anti-sexual violence organization (b/c we were in Missouri, and screw you Todd Akin).
Either this will be a rousing, amazing success. Or a complete and utter disaster. So spread the word, and in two days, god save my soul.