For all booking and/or press inquiries, please email adamwarrockmixtape[at]gmail.com.
Electronic press kit and other promotional materials are available upon request.
10 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
1. Where are you based out of?
I am based out of Memphis, TN. No, I have never been to Graceland.
2. Is Adam your real name? What ethnicity are you?
Adam is not my real name. My real name is way less cool than Adam. I’m Asian, but I was born in Pittsburgh and I have never been to Korea, so don’t ask about it.
3. How do you make your music?
I have a microphone, that I plug into an Alesis preamp mixer, which feeds the signal to an external USB soundcard, which feeds into my macboook. I use Garageband to track and edit, and Audacity to do some light mastering. All professional releases are mixed and mastered by audio wizards who know way more than I do about this stuff.
4. How long have you been rapping for?
I have rapped since 2000, when I made my first appearances at open mics in college. I recorded 3 demos and performed live shows, until about 2004 or 2005, when I stopped making music to go to grad school. I started rapping again in 2007 when I started working a full-time job, because I was miserable. Now I rap all the time, and it still makes me happy.
5. Who are your musical influences?
Wu-Tang, Redman, Public Enemy, Atmosphere, Sage Francis, P.O.S., Jonathan Coulton, Billy Joel, DJ Shadow, Copywrite, Rakim, Anticon, Ryan Adams, and Paul Simon.
6. What are your favorite comics?
Dark Phoenix Saga, Days of Future Past, Infinity Gauntlet, New Warriors (Classic), Guardians of the Galaxy (90s), Runaways, Avengers Academy, Scott Pilgrim, Chew, Sixth Gun, and way more than I could name here.
7. How can I get you to come perform at my event/show/etc.?
Email me, write in complete sentences, have all the details ready and upfront, and don’t be a jerk.
8. Where’s that song you did about that one thing with that beat where you were like “hoooo! heyyyyy!”?
I have no idea.
9. Why do you suck/why do people care about you/who cares about rap music about comic books?
I don’t know. Why do you care?
10. What is the meaning of life?
Do what you love. And avoid mayonnaise.